Sunday, June 04, 2006

Kraft & Leavitt Wedding Reception

Kraft & Leavitt Wedding Reception - 3 Piece Band

Last night was Gary and Christine Leavitt's wedding reception at the St. Paul Boatclub, overlooking the Mississippi River... And we had the privilege of celebrating with them!

I performed with David Russ and Al Bergstrom, my "power trio" and the dancefloor was full from the moment we began 'till they turned up the lights at the end of the night.

Gary and Christine are real estate developers from Arizona who found us online, came to see me perform at Champps back in December, and we immediately "hit it off". They had wanted a larger band initially, but the boat club had only limited space, so they went with our 3 piece which worked great!

Christine gave me a list of songs that she wanted played for her first dance, father-daughter dance, and mother-groom dance. I announced each dance before playing the songs "DJ Style" thorough my iPod. Christine also wanted "Frank Sinatra" music for dinner and had a list of dance songs that she and her bride's maids wanted me to play "after grandma and grandpa went home". ; )

No problem...

After the band was finished, I played the DJ music for at least another hour and a half, while everyone danced their hearts out. The dance floor was vibrating with energy and fun - and at one point I watched the entire dancefloor form a line (one person behind the other) and followed the leader out the door and onto the patio, completely emptying the dancefloor for a few minutes while everyone laughed and reconvened outside for a moment.

This was a beautiful wedding reception and everything went great. Several members of the wedding party used my microphone to make their toasts and I made sure that the volume levels were good (so that everyone could hear) and turned the background music up and down inbetween the speaches.

Gary and Christine are leaving for their honeymoon in Tahiti in 2 days, and they both thanked me and told me what a wonderful time they were having - and the maid of honor slipped me 2 "Benjamin Franklins" on the dancefloor and told me that it was from the bride and groom. I guess it's safe to say that they're satisfied customers!

Thank you Mr and Mrs Leavitt - we wish you all the best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home