Sunday, April 09, 2006

Mid County Bank Party - 3 Piece Band

Saturday, April 7th, 2006 we performed for Mid Country bank's annual Customer appreciation Party in Hutchinson, MN.

I was joined by David Russ and Al Bergstrom my "senior" Amazing-Band members. I truly enjoy performing with these guys cause we sound so good together even as a small band.

This is because both of them ( in addition to being great players) are great singers, and I think that's what makes any band great - it's the vocals...

The Mid Country crowd were pretty laid back - at least at first. ( they were all drinking milk with their dinners) but by the end of the night ( in true Amazing Band Style) we had em out on the dance floor a hopin' and a boppin' with us.

Heck even the President of the bank came up ON STAGE with us to sing a few songs. He was joined by his 20-someing year old son who also sang a few songs.

When we finished, the President asked us if we were available to perform for his daughter's wedding this summer! - I think that that will be a fun gig for sure.

We were asked to play a few songs that I don't know, but of course Dave and AL knew them (they know every song known to man) so I followed them and we performed 2 new songs that I had never performed before - and it worked! - We seem to do this kinda thing alot which is pretty neat, I think...

Then, the lady who hired us, asked us to play the song "Can't Touch This" (which is actually "Super Freak") - so we did, singing "can't touch this" and she and her co-worker did a funky dance up in front of the group - What a HOOT!

At the end of the night - the most important thing to us is that the people at the party had alot of FUN - and I think they did!

Thanks again Mid Country Bank, we look forward to our next show with you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home